May 3, 2010
“The road to failure is paved with good intentions.” -unknown
I have always had good intentions of keeping up with Brokedown Melodies. Too bad they haven’t ever manifested into real actions.
So, with a new album out and plenty of other artists to document and promote, I need help.
Consider this a job posting.
- The position doesn’t pay anything. Unless you can come up with a decent way of monetizing the site (without annoying the users with crappy ads and pop-ups) and then we’ll talk about percentages.
- I’d like someone familiar with WordPress (posting, admin, plugins) & web-publishing in general but you don’t have to be a PHP expert.
- Although I don’t have anything against kids, I’d be hard pressed to sign one up. I have high-standards for quality, spelling, grammar, etc.
- Somebody who has experience promoting positive communities is a plus.
- I’d like to see the community revived and the word spread. An ideal candidate would have some good ideas on making these things happen.
- The whole site needs a new face and upgraded back-end. I will do my best to be available to assist in both areas but a good eye for design would help you. Be warned, I’m picky.
So, let the applications begin.
Send me a note telling me why you’re interested, your vision for the site, your skills and something that would make me want to pick you over any other candidate.
Dec 14, 2008
It happened again. Weekends find me either out of town or just preferring to spend time with family. Hope your feelings aren’t hurt too bad. Have received no requested videos of yet. Was I correct about the day 12 song? Did your lady friends find you more attractive after playing it? On to the tunes.
Artist: The Vince Guaraldi Trio (from A Charlie Brown Christmas)
Song: Christmas Time is Here
Nov 20, 2008
Two consecutive weeks, two eerily similar posts. Some might call that a trend. This week:
Artist: Citizen Cope
Track: Hurricane Waters
Album: The Clarence Greenwood Recordings
Thoughts on the track? Comment below.
Nov 6, 2008
Received the following email, figured I’d take it to the masses.
My interest to partner with you.
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am Shi Jianmin, I wish to bring to your notice my interest to partner with you on this great business opportunity that involves the transfer of fund from Hong kong to your country. I shall furnish you with more details about this operation.
Mr. Shi Jianmin
Seems legit, right?
Sep 30, 2008
Just added 2 audio covers and our first story from the tour.
Thanks to Phil, Jameson & Jake.
Just a few more days to get those submissions in before we start the voting. Phil’s story submission has got him in a pretty good position to grab some free music. Anyone else want to chime in?
Also a big thanks to Jameson for sending over a version of ‘Home‘ from ultimate-guitar. We’ll post it for now and see if we get any other submissions in the near future.